DID YOU KNOW ?
- For every $1.00 spent on Floor Care, Supermarkets spend $3.00 for Slip & Fall claims.
- Among seniors, slips and falls are #1 cause of accidental deaths. Every 18 seconds a senior citizen is admitted to hospital from a slip and fall injury.
- Slips and Falls kill more workers than all other combined forms of workplace accidents.
- Compensation and Medical cost from employee Slips & Falls total approximately $70 Billion yearly.
- One in three serious bone breaks for seniors result in death within one year of the accident.
- Most major companies allocate $50,000 anytime there is a slip and fall on their premises so as to deal with the issue.
- According to OSHA and The American Disabilities Act: Passed by congress in July 1992,Title III notes: For all business open to the public, flooring and walkways should have a friction coefficient of .60 or above and ramps should have a friction coefficient of .80 or above. There are penalties for failure to comply (up to $50K first offense) and tax benefits for businesses that take steps to comply.
COMPREHENSIVE FLOOR SAFETY PROGRAM
We are committed to improving the safety of your floors and we begin with a simple concept: DIAGNOSIS. You know that you have slick floors if people have fallen in your facility – but by then, it’s too late. We can measure the Coefficient of Friction (C.O.F.) of your floors before a fall occurs and prescribe a solution that will render your floors safe for you and all who walk on them.
We use the most sophisticated device available to measure the Static Coefficient of Friction. Our Diagnosis of your floor, will give us the information we need to make an educated decision as to the appropriate treatment for your floors.
Our certified FLOOR SAFETY Technician will take the time necessary to explain our process to you and suggest a treatment plan to remedy any issues we discover with your floors.